Saturday, October 27, 2007

Copenhagen continues..

Katrín and Jens are such lovely people to stay with and hang out with, as is Kristín, and all the other people I have had the pleasure to meet here.
Copenhagen was definitely a good idea.
All the people here are super trendy and good looking. The city itself is beautiful, the shops are beautiful and everyone has beautiful bikes and lives in beautiful flats. Well maybe not everyone, but everyone I visit.
Since arriving I think I might have broken an eating record, possibly a drinking record also. I have had so much fun and discovered, to mine and other’s surprise, that I can actually speak Danish much better than anyone knew and have spoken little else all day. Hurray for that!
Yesterday we went to a gig with a Brazilian electro-band. It was great but had a strange mix of an audience; amongst others a group of Icelandic teenagers who I wondered for a second if might be the same ones I encountered at the airport. After the band finished we hurried out to go to another party which was a good thing because today we heard that after we left the first place a gun-shooting broke out between some drug-dealers and security and a number of people got arrested. The evening was definitely better spent at the Film-Skolen party which was full of good looking men and where we danced so much and in such a wild manor that we believe people were beginning to give us funny looks.
We have now spent all day playing cards, eating and laughing and are waiting for sushi to be delivered to us and then to play more games. The problem is that we have no board games so now two people are working hard on their respective laptops trying to find and download Pictionary. The inter net is so incredible and doesn’t cease to amaze me. Only the other day I was trying to convince my friend that kiwi fruit really was manmade, quite obviously a splice of a strawberry and banana. Everybody I had discussed this with before was as ready to believe this as I was, even surprised that it had never occurred to us before and it has also led onto other interesting discussions such as whether a peanut is a potato and an almond a seed. I was trying hard to remember what broccoli was made out of when the doubtful friend had picked up his computer, entered wikipedia and found absolutely no evidence that the human race had anything to do with the invention of either kiwis not broccoli. This was of course a great disappointment and came as quite a shock as I have spent a lot of time lately educating people of these important facts.
This of course has very little to do with my stay in Copenhagen.
Tomorrow we are going to visit the Louisiana Art Museum which I was last in about 10 years, and then not by choice or out of particular interest. We will take the train and have a picnic. I look very much forward!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sakna þín líka sætust:*